Sunday, January 5, 2014

WHAT NOW, 2014?

When a new year begins, we look at it with optimism, telling our friends that we hope it will be a better year than the one we just finished. As if the previous year, brought was joyless, which, despite some junk, there were plenty of joyous events.
So, we each look toward 2014 as "a brand new year full of hope", leaving the horribleness of 2013 in the past.

Many of my friends say making new year’s resolutions is stupid because they will break them anyway.

So how will 2014 be so wonderful when you have no plans for betterment? If 2013 was so terrible, wouldn’t it make sense to resolve to make plans? I think so.

So what and who cares if you break your resolution. Start again. You don’t have to wait a year to start over.

To start 2014 I've begun reading a new devotional by Sarah Young called "Jesus Lives". It’s a lot like "Jesus Calling", and I enjoyed that, so this should work well for me. I suppose it’s a got the "puppies and rainbows" outlook, and generally I need more than that, but right now it seems there is enough strife in my life, that maybe the over-positive reading will balance it out.