Tuesday, December 31, 2013

WAS IT REALLY THAT BAD?

Lots of people blogging and posting their memory of 2013.  "What an awful year, I hope 2014 is better" is what I'm reading.

I can relate. My Dad died on January 5, so 2013 didn't start too well.  Then my dog died. There was more junk after that.

Hmmm. I wonder. I bet we say the same thing every year.

And every year isn't actually that bad. Not every year! But sometimes a couple of things taint the rest of the memories.

Instead of feeling lousy about the year that just finished, maybe we need to remember the good things that happened - the new friends we made, a vacation we took, a new plan we made, or even one great day.

Even though I faced loss in 2013, there were some great blessings, some very fun days, and stuff I learned that hopefully has made me a better person.  I'm not letting those bad things in 2013 taint the rest of a great year.